+Xepher
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

+Xepher

xXGuild in Dream of Mirror OnlineXx

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Tales of the Mystery Dungeon

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Jsaru

Jsaru

Tales of the Mystery Dungeon Empty
PostSubject: Tales of the Mystery Dungeon   Tales of the Mystery Dungeon Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 9:18 pm

Ah the mystery dungeon, like a wonder ball you'll never know what your gonna get, Except this actually has the potential to kill you rather than give you chocolate treats.

So What exactly is this?

This is basically the evolved idea of me showing off my writing and seeing if other people liked it. However I decided to make it a bit more fun for the people on the forum by giving them a bit of participation in it.

Participation how so?

Well you can make your own character and if there good enough or I can work it in your good to go. An if I happen to get stuck by horrible writers block or confusion depending on the situation you get to choose how the story will continue by the choices I give you or if your ideas are that good I'll add them to the choices.

Sounds fun but can I write?

No

Ha ha, I'm kidding you can write if you want this thread was originally for writing anyways

Hopefully that clears everything up so I hope to see you in the dungeon.
Back to top Go down
Jsaru

Jsaru

PostSubject: Chapter 0   Tales of the Mystery Dungeon Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 9:20 pm

Guh....

Erm...

The sound of a waking up young man filled the room.

The young man sits up from his bed and runs a hand through his dark brown unkempt hair as he looks around scanning the room.

He then hops off his bed and leaves the room. We will give him a moment as he just entered the restroom.

'Tick' Tick' Tick'

'Spit'

He then comes back to the room and heads to the rooms closet. Upon exit he is dressed in a plain red shirt and faded jeans. Scratching his chest he yawns and heads out.

He is now in a kitchen. He goes up to a cabinet and pulls out a bowl and cereal.

One Breakfast later...

He then goes up to a backpack that appeared to be filled with various papers and books and hauls it on his back. He then goes up to the door and opens it revealing a dark cave.

With a blank stare that radiated a mixture of shock and confusion he says “What the.....?”
Back to top Go down
lexay

lexay

PostSubject: Re: Tales of the Mystery Dungeon   Tales of the Mystery Dungeon Icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 11:22 pm

:0 good job aru xD
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/lexcostaa
Jsaru

Jsaru

PostSubject: Character guidlines   Tales of the Mystery Dungeon Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 12:35 am

Okay just to be clear I am not gonna make a character out of just a name. You gotta be specific on this here's an example

Name:

Hair:

Eye:

Theme: <--- you'll see why later

Bio:

Description of look:

Basically use this template if you need a good idea how this works but I can work with a description, bio, and name easily

Also no freaking half-breeds all your characters are gonna be are human if you want to say otherwise ask me so I can give the okay.

Also no Mary sues just had to get that in there.

Also please be imaginative

Also I got a lot of also plus our hero needs a name and I suck at them so I would like some suggestions.
Back to top Go down
Tri :3

PostSubject: Re: Tales of the Mystery Dungeon   Tales of the Mystery Dungeon Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 10:03 am

Name: Tri-san

Hair: Long-Blue Avenger hair (similar to Madara Uchiha)

Eye: Light brown

Theme: Evil, bent on the path of vengeance.

Description of look: Tall, light-brown skin, black light armor.

Bio: As a child, he was abducted by a mysterious shadow. Trying to defend himself, he still couldn't fend off this powerful darkness trying to engulf his essence. Nothing he tried to do could stop this powerful being so he gave in. The darkness overwhelmed his very soul and he felt the amazing power of the darkness flowing through his veins. The power enhanced his abilities, made him faster, smarter, swifter, stealthier, and stronger.
But with this power, he didn't know how to utilize it. He began to have deep thoughts of having adventures of fame, fortune, power, and knowledge. So he began training in the arts of the warrior.
Years passed since he began his training, he had grown into a much stronger, dedicated man of glory and power. Later on, he began his adventurous journey.
He had become a very famous warrior. Known to everyone as the blue shadow because of his dark strength and his blue hair which was resembled as his pride. He had overcome many feats, he had destroyed many armies, he had betrayed many allies, friends, and family for his rise of power. He's defeated many great warriors that were once well known as unbeatable, he became very knowledgeable and strong. No one could beat this man and his unimaginable power, he was believed to be indestructible, intangible, unbeatable, as well as immortal.
He had become more dark through his journey.
One day, he had crossed path with an ominous warrior cloaked in a black cape and crimson armor. He had a very strong mana flowing out of his essence. Tri sensed he was a threat to him. The stared eyes for a while until the mysterious warrior spoke, "I wish to challenge you in a duel to the death, the victor shall take the life of the defeated". Tri drew his sword and glanced at it, he looked at the strange man and said, "I accept". The warriors took their stances and charged at each other ferociously.
Battle cries roared, swords clashed, sparks flew, blood was shed across the battlefield. This was truly a battle of the titans. This battle was fought with great hardship. Tri will never forget about this battle he thought to himself.
Throughout this long battle, the mysterious warrior seemed to unleash his full power on Tri. This has made Tri worried whether he would win or lose and get his life taken. So this made Tri unleash his unreal power as well...
Darkness engulfed Tri's body like it did when he was a child. His sword had transformed into a long scythe with a crescent blade that glowed like the moon. Engraved in the blade was a silver dragon that characterized darkness. Tri's hair had become longer, and much more bluer, his eyes began to widen. His armor quickly shed off his body and came a new, darker, much more light-heavy armor.
Even though Tri's power seemed more unstoppable, nothing stopped the mysterious warrior from piercing though Tri's armor. Tri had many strikes driven into his gut, the other warrior had many deep gashes on his body by the power scythe. Tri had grown very tired. The warrior was still flowing roughly with the very bit of energy left of him. The warrior charged at Tri and struck him with one last slash.
With Tri on the ground, the warrior had given him his last words, "You are a great warrior, but your darkness still isn't dark enough. It will never be as dark as the midnight sky, it will never overwhelm your body with that stroke of light hidden in your mind. You're not dark enough to be a warrior." The warrior took his blade and aimed for Tri's heart. The blade struck onto the armor, the blade pierced the armor and a strong shine of light exploded through the armor's opening and blew the warrior's blade away. But the warrior still had tried to kill Tri.
The mysterious warrior succeeded.
Tri was dead. He was in a fatal sleep. But, the darkness had given Tri one last stroke of life. The darkness wanted Tri to seek his vengeance. And Tri accepted, he woke up, at his grave, and walked on to get his revenge against the mysterious warrior.

How is it? =O
Back to top Go down
Jsaru

Jsaru

PostSubject: Re: Tales of the Mystery Dungeon   Tales of the Mystery Dungeon Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 10:55 am

It looks pretty good but not what I'm looking for. I'm going with normal people trying to survive a really dangerous abnormal situation but I can use everything except the bio. Just change it to something you'd see in current times. Also please don't start your characters with armor these people pretty much just got out of bed or were just on there everyday business. But yeah for the theme I should spoil it a little so you can understand what it means, it means that the theme your character has will be the powers/ abilities that your character gets later on. so yeah your character can be an undead badass just wait a while till that.

Edit: if these gets to a second season I'll see if I can work in more of the creative colorful characters.

Edit again: Also here's an idea with age I'll accept between 15 to 70 mostly cause I don't want the characters to be to old or to young so you can make a old war veteran, or retired secret agent character if you wanted. I'm trying to go with normal people but people that exist in current times will work as long as its believable so no age 16 biological weapons that can form drills from his hands.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tales of the Mystery Dungeon   Tales of the Mystery Dungeon Icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 12:58 pm

Ah i see. kk ill think of something
Back to top Go down
Pandy

Pandy

PostSubject: Re: Tales of the Mystery Dungeon   Tales of the Mystery Dungeon Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 8:22 pm

Name: Emi Labelle

Hair: Light Purple (naturally blond)

Eye: Light Blue

Height: 5'7"

Theme: I really like what Lirael uses (Bells with different powers when they are rung) in the Old Kingdom Series by Garth Nix. But it would be hard to work with, I think. I also like Necromancers. or perhaps a "magical girl" theme xD with super cute wands! *______*

Bio:

Family -
Mother: English/French
Father: Japanese

When Emi was young, she lived with her mother and father in the UK. They worked together at a Bakery. Although, things didn't work out between her parents. The result was Emi had to pick between living with her mother or father. She chose her father, and the two of them moved back to her father's hometown in Japan.

--

Presently, Emi is in a band with her best friend (and other random non-important characters). She sings and plays guitar. Yomiko, her best friend, plays the drums. The two are always together.

Description of look: Pale skin. Big bright eyes. *picture coming soon for reference Very Happy* as for hairstyle.. Emi wears her hair down for the most part, she wears a cloth headband tied over her forehead/under her bangs and the knot/bow from where it was tied can usually be seen around her neck area. she has two buns, one on each side of her head - minimal hair sticks out of them and both have a bow tied in~ her hair length is long, to the middle of her back. her hairband color changes upon her outfit choice, and when she is performing on stage her hairstyle changes to be two big pigtails tied up with four bells, two for each side. her choice of fashion is based around Sweet Lolita style and anything cutesy :3

alright, so she is normal enough? her personality is kind, sweet and no, she is not annoying and hyper, she's actually quite shy towards people she has just met. she could possibly be a bit flirty. oh and currently has no love interest.

all done ^_____^ I like your post Tri, too bad Aru is only looking for normal characters right now~ maybe you should make a short fanfic for Tri-San :3

*edit for height xD

Last edited by Pandy on Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jsaru

Jsaru

PostSubject: Re: Tales of the Mystery Dungeon   Tales of the Mystery Dungeon Icon_minitimeSun Apr 11, 2010 8:29 pm

Okay Pandy Emi looks good and is well developed enough for me to write something so she's approved . Also I gotta figure out some kinda approved message cause this feels kinda ham handed to me.
Back to top Go down
Jsaru

Jsaru

PostSubject: Re: Tales of the Mystery Dungeon   Tales of the Mystery Dungeon Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 3:30 pm

Here to day that the chapter is in production but hit a bit of a snag. Pandy I hope you can post that character pic soon cause i'm having trouble picturing your character for the story.
Back to top Go down
Pandy

Pandy

PostSubject: Re: Tales of the Mystery Dungeon   Tales of the Mystery Dungeon Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 4:28 pm

Tales of the Mystery Dungeon Finished

Emi is on the left, too bad the top of her hair is covered by the witch hat

Tales of the Mystery Dungeon 2w54nly

older fan art of them all :3

Tales of the Mystery Dungeon FlkbvgDBG

this was never finished. it was meant to be Baby Daisy and Baby Peach's outfits on Emi and Yomiko

well, I hope these help you Aru

Back to top Go down
Jsaru

Jsaru

PostSubject: My character aka the guy from the intro   Tales of the Mystery Dungeon Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 9:46 pm

Name: Junius

Theme: Demon

looks: unkempt usually messy dark brown hair that doesn't cover his forehead. He is actually a bit overweight. Tends to wear normal practical clothes.

Bio: Junius has been by himself for over 5 years now, ever since his grandfather disappeared to parts unknown. Junius has been taught by his grandfather in various ways of life. He tends to quote his grandfather a lot. He tends to be a hyperactive person when in a good mood, but he is easily brought to normalcy by getting depressed or freaked out
Back to top Go down
Jsaru

Jsaru

PostSubject: Re: Tales of the Mystery Dungeon   Tales of the Mystery Dungeon Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 3:19 am

After standing in shock for who knows how long, the young man snapped out of his stupor and took a step back into his house.

'Okay calm down. Probably just dark out and it confused you. Lets just try again.' he thought to himself in an attempt to cope with the shock.

He then goes back to the door opening it. It reveals the same dark cave from before. The same dark damp cave that smelled oddly of almonds staring right back at him.

“Aw, crap.” he says as he falls to the floor.

----

Later after a lot of panicking and coping our 'hero' manages to pull himself together. To be honest I would of liked it if he'd panicked for a few more minutes as I would be able to catch up on some news I missed, but alas that does not make for a good story.

“Okay before I go rushing into, whatever the heck that cave is I'd better get some supplies first and a flashlight.” he said to himself as he wandered off to prepare for his exploration trip.

After a small amount of time for someone to gather various items needed for a hike or something of the sort, our hero was ready to travel into the darkness and seek answers to why this cave exists or how to get home, actually just go for the how to get home part cause I don't think he cares much for how this cave got here.

----

Huh? There's still more? What do you mean I gotta narrate more?! Ugh, fine.

So turning to another part of the cave on the same level as our hero if you want to know, We see a young lady who is currently laid on the ground slightly curled up.

As she opened her blue eyes she looked around the place around her. She opens them fully in shock as she realizes that she's not in a familiar place.

“This isn't my room!” she says in shock.

She stands up as he purple tresses fall from her head. She turns her head slightly to her left where she sees a corridor leading to parts unknown. Seeing there is no other way out she heads toward it.

'Better than staying in this creepy place.' she thought to herself as she headed toward the dark tunnel.

----

BAM!

BASH!

CRACK!

The sounds of a fierce fight sounds from come from the dark dankness of the cave as we see our hero struggle against several creatures that look similar to little scribbles.

“RARGH! Get off me you little-!” He says as he attempts to shake/smack off the various creatures

After managing to smack one of them off it crashes into the wall where it poofs into a puff of smoke and leaves no trace of a body.

'What the'

He thinks to himself as he continues to try to shake them off.

After a short moment of shaking little scribble monsters off our hero seems a little bushed by the event.

“Guh, freaking things!” he says to himself as he takes a seat on the ground to catch his breath.

Suddenly, he starts to hear a sound coming from ahead of him that is slowly getting louder.

He turns and sees a young girl in pajamas with long purple hair running from what seems to be a gigantic brutish monster.

“AHH! HELP ME!” she screams as she caught sight of our hero.

What will happen next?

Will our heroes survive this encounter?

Will they ever get home?

Will their names even be said?

Tune in on next chapter....
Back to top Go down
Jsaru

Jsaru

PostSubject: Re: Tales of the Mystery Dungeon   Tales of the Mystery Dungeon Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 3:22 am

Oh yeah if someone finds any spelling mistakes or sentences that make no sense could you point me to them so I can make the fix cause I have problems with proof-reading
Back to top Go down
Pandy

Pandy

PostSubject: Re: Tales of the Mystery Dungeon   Tales of the Mystery Dungeon Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 2:52 pm

ooh I'm hooked xD nice job Aru! *thumbs up*

I don't see any errors you made while typing =) all made sense to me.

and, Scribble monsters.. funny :3

Tales of the Mystery Dungeon Image2scribblemonster

I want to know what you imagined them to look like.. am I close? o.o
Back to top Go down
Jsaru

Jsaru

PostSubject: Re: Tales of the Mystery Dungeon   Tales of the Mystery Dungeon Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2010 5:09 pm

I was thinking of a little scribble dot thing but that snake scribble monster is a lot better than what I would come up with so yeah think of that as what they look like.

Edit: new page cool!
Back to top Go down
Jsaru

Jsaru

PostSubject: Re: Tales of the Mystery Dungeon   Tales of the Mystery Dungeon Icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 5:43 pm

Okay the next chapter is not as done as I hoped. I blame my chronic laziness but I wanted to keep the thread going by posting in it. But hey I'm not leaving this post empty so I will reveal some story details for the future.

1. if they get out of the dungeon will they go home or is there something special planned for the survivors.

2. I need more entries cause although 2 character would easier to write I was kinda hoping for a bit more

3.The powers will awaken at certain moments when the user needs them

4. they also have been rumored to evolve

5.Demon enemies will have special significance to Junius

and thats all I wanna divulge for now till next chapter folks
Back to top Go down
Jsaru

Jsaru

PostSubject: Chapter 2 (excuse any grammar errors I just finished this thing)   Tales of the Mystery Dungeon Icon_minitimeThu May 13, 2010 6:53 pm

As we last left our heroes,

“GAHHH!!!” the young man screams as he is pushed along by the demon who shoulder charged him.

And as the nature of a giant rampaging bull ramming through a lighter object into a wall

CRASH!!!!!

It was a rather bloody scene, okay not that bloody but there was a human shaped smear falling off the wall that the muscular demon crashed into.

An because that was a one-way tunnel with the wall being the turn the girl who managed to get out of the way in time managed to catch up and see the kinda gruesome scene.

She gasps in a mixture of shock and fright as the demon who heard her turn to face her.

'Crap, that was a cheap move. So this is what death is like. Weird there's no bright light or fiery abyss.' our hero in near death says to himself.

We zoom out a bit to see that he is in a dark abyss, well not so much a abyss as its freaking dark everywhere.

Suddenly, 'DO YOU WANT TO LIVE?'

A large booming voice sounds from an unknown location.

'is there even a choice? Yeah I wanna live. I still got stuff to do.'

'THEN AWAKEN YOUR TRUE POWER AND GO FORTH! DESTROY AND CONSUME YOUR ENEMIES!'

'Wait, consume? WHA-!'

His last thoughts sound as a bright light envelops him.

Terror, the sheer terror in this scene on the face of the girl as she saw the bloodied smeared remains of the boy who got caught by the rampaging monster.

The terror overrides her sense of self-preservation as she screams in fear over what she saw.

The scream alerts the monster who till then has been surveying its kill.

With a snort the monster gets into a charging position as it readies to go for its next kill.

Then as the monster was just about to ram into her something happened...

'CRASH!!'

The monster suddenly is pushed into the wall with tremendous force.

As the dust from the impact fades a humanoid figure appears.

It is revealed to be the young man from before still in the same shape as he was left in but he seemed to have glowing red eyes and odd symbols on his face and arms.

He then walks up to the monster winds up his fist and rams it directly at its head.

'CRUNCH!'

With a sickening crunch he pushes his arm deeper into the creatures skull. Then after a minute of pushing it deeper he pulls it out to reveal a glowing sphere of demonic power.

He stares at it with a look of hunger in his eyes.

He then opens his mouth wide...

'CHOMP!'

Then disturbing crunches sound from his mouth as he chews the sphere.

'Gulp'

After swallowing he wipes his mouth with his arm and turns toward the young girl who is currently scared out of her wits by this turn of events.

“'Scuse me..” he says as the markings and the glow from his eyes fade. Then he falls to the floor with a thud.

“What the..?” she says as she tries to understand what has happened in front of her.

Next time on Mystery dungeon

Deep exploration

Character Names

Magical Girl transformations (not)

And a giant floating head (maybe)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tales of the Mystery Dungeon   Tales of the Mystery Dungeon Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tales of the Mystery Dungeon
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
+Xepher :: Section Discussion :: Random Posts-
Jump to: